Monday, October 19, 2015

Yoga

Believe it or not I have been practicing yoga!!

 Not just the poses but the breathing and the mindset that goes along with it.  It's actually really enjoyable.  I'm no Yogi yet, but I am an enjoying learning something new!

I read "Yoga Girl" by Rachel Brathen, who is a seriously awesome chic, and was hooked.  Her story was so inspiring.  Yoga is a peaceful, quiet practice where I can can let go of all the medical stuff and just be in the moment.  I may not be able to do the handstands because of the fistula in my arm but i can do the rest and it feels amazing.

When I was younger I was a dancer for 9 years and it would be amazing to get back to that flexibility and grace.  I will still be clumsy and bruised but I will do it gracefully!

Why am I telling you about this?  To remind you all that even though I am on dialysis and I am waiting for a Kidney, which sounds crazy to begin with, I AM NOT BROKEN! I can still do everyday things.   I am me.  I am the me that I once loved.  I am the me that loves life.  I am going to be the healthiest version of me.

As life goes on I'll be like a patchwork blanket...A little of me, a little of Jill and a little of someone that shall be named later....whoever it may be.  I AM A PATCHWORK BLANKET...that does Yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment